Hello friends! I apologize for being away for so long – I just arrived to the East Coast from overseas! Might I just add, it took over 1 day of traveling and that was not fun. Now that I have returned I would like to share with you the lesson I learned post-graduation/pre-orientation.
On a side note, I truly cannot believe my high school graduation was practically three months ago! Wow, how time flies!
Here is a list of the lessons I have learned post-high school grad and pre-college orientation:
1. Family is always going to be there for you. They are the most important people you have and you should be grateful for the time you have with them because it passed by unbelievably fast.
2. You should attend at least one graduation party. However, once you attend one, you attend all. Also, there is really no need to do what the majority of people are doing at the party. If all of them are drinking heavily, that does not mean you should.
3. You will lose touch with high school friends after these parties. It is completely normal and perfectly fine. Do not expect that you will keep in touch and be best friends with your entire high school class after graduation. You graduated for a reason; there is no need to act like you are still living in it.
4. There will a handful of friends that you will want to keep in touch with and will keep in touch with you. Keep them in your lives because they are extremely important and mean so much. They are the ones worth keeping.
5. Last but not least, you are about to start finding out who you are and who you want to be. If you think you know yourself now, you will be surprised to know that you are about to undergo a lot of changes that will affect your personality and who you are.
I would be thrilled to hear what you have learned or your thoughts on this post.