Today was a hectic day. Mom and I spent over 6 hours running around town to shop for our trip next week and about 2 of those hours we were stuck in traffic. Once we got home, we began to pack my things for college!
Packing from overseas is a difficult thing. You have a strict limit of how much you can bring with you in two suitcases and 23 kilograms each.
Here are some of the things we did in order to make the packing process easier:
- Make of list of all the things you will need and be as detailed as possible.
- When it comes to clothes, only pack what you know you will be wearing. For those going to schools close to home, only pack what you need for the period you will be gone for. You can always carry more when you are back.
- Do not, I repeat, do not, over pack. We have very limited space and I assure you not all of your stuff will fit. Keep it to what you need.
- If you aren’t sure what you need, use these websites: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/registry/campuschecklist or http://www.collegepackinglist.com/college-discounts-cheatsheet.html
- From what I have been told, Target is college shopping heaven. All of your dormitory and other needs can be found in their large aisles.
- Take a break every now and then so you don’t stress out!
In case you were wondering how far we gotten, here is picture to show you. It may not be much, but our pup sure thinks it is a victory!