Today I read an interesting article called, “Thing You Only Understand After Your Freshman Year in College.” If you’re curious on its contents, I’ll link it down below, but here’s a simple list of what it said:
- You Can Survive on Pizza and Ramen Noodles
- Grammar is Actually Important
- There are More Career Paths than You Ever Considered
- You Don’t Get Rewarded Just for Showing Up
- Time Management Actually Is Important
- There is No Place Like Home
- You Appreciate Things More When You Pay for Them
- Everything You Need to Survive Can Fit in One Room
- You Can Fit a Year of Learning in One Semester
- There are People Who Have More Authority than Your Mom
- Waste is Expensive
- High School did not Determine Your Social Status for Life
After reading the first slide, I thought that the article would consist of comedic ideas with some truth to them, but reading along, I realized that what was listed was actually very important news!
Some of these, such as fully understanding the importance of grammar (I have to admit I’m a bit of a grammar Nazi….) and renewing my identity and “social status,” I can’t wait to experience!
However, all of the other ones sound unsettling to me, and I’m actually quite afraid… But we’re all in this together,
( Wildcats!) guys! Perhaps it will cause us to channel who we really are, and challenge us in the most positive manner!
Let’s discover ourselves and have a memorable first year!