Top 10 Tips for Taking College Exams
10 Things to Remember on the Day of your Exam
- Arrive early. Make sure you know the location and time of your exam. Get there early to give yourself enough time to settle down before the exam starts.
- Be awake for the test. Ideally, getting a good nightís rest is always encouraged before an exam; however, realistically, we all know that canít always happen. Other options are to shower in the morning, chew gum, to have a caffeinated drink. Always be cautious when consuming caffeinated drinks, you donít want to be jittery for the test.
- Eat a small breakfast. Youíll want to minimize any possible distractions during the test. Itíll be more difficult to concentrate if youíre hungry. Donít eat anything that may upset your stomach.
- Bring extra writing utensils. You never know when your pencilís going to break or run out of lead or your penís going to run out of ink.
- Bring all essential test materials. Thereís nothing worse than forgetting to bring a calculator or notes to an exam. Professors usually wonít have extras or allow you to share with another classmate.
- Go to the bathroom. Self-explanatory. This is another precaution to minimize distractions during the test.
- Wear comfortable clothes. Youíll want to be comfortable taking the test. Popular choices are sweatpants and hoodies.
- Bring any necessities. Bring a water bottle, tissues, cough drops, etc.
- Look over your notes. Review important information again before the test to refresh your memory.
- Itís just a test. Remember that you studied hard and have confidence in yourself.
Also check out our college study tips for tips on studying and preparing for a test or exam.
<< Back to: College Classes
<< Back to: College Classes Home